- St Helen's Primary School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 04 December 2020 12:00 PM
£16,863 - £17,681 pro rata
15 - 30 hpw, 39 weeks (38 weeks plus PD Days).
Required for an immediate start, fixed term for 2 terms initially.
- Are you a passionate about improving outcomes for all children?
- Do you have a proven track record of success of SEN pupils accessing learning in main school settings?
St Helen’s is a wonderfully inclusive school to work in. Based in the centre of the town we serve a rich and culturally diverse community that makes our school special in so many ways. We are always striving to improve the outcomes for our pupils and believe in an ‘equity for all’ approach to learning. We are seeking to employ 1 or 2new Learning Support Assistants to work within Nursery or Year 4 supporting children with ASD and/or working with us to establish high quality catch up support for disadvantaged learners.
We would like to encourage applicants to apply who:
- are efficient, conscientious and enthusiastic
- have a Level 3 qualification and significant experience of ASD
- believe that all children have the potential to do well.
- have a calm and organised approach to working
- are capable of working with external agencies
- are confident and assertive in dealing with challenging behaviours
- are interested in helping children to develop positive learning behaviours
- can adapt to duties and responsibilities as per the needs of the pupils in their care
- good English and mathematics skills.
We can offer you:
- the chance to be part of a multi-culturally diverse and inclusive school
- respectful, well-motivated and happy children
- an opportunity to work with a friendly and skilled team of support assistants, teachers and leaders
- a network of support across thirteen ASSET schools and external providers
- ongoing professional development to further flourish your career.
Visits to the school can be arranged, but a suitable face mask / shield is to be worn, please telephone the school office (01473) 251333 or email: HR@sthelensprimary.net
For an application form or further details please email Jo Lovett, Senior School Administrative Lead at: HR@sthelensprimary.net
Please return completed applications by email to Jo Lovett.
Interview date: 8 December 2020.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
St. Helen’s Primary School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Safer Recruitment Procedures.