- Hadleigh Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £9 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 24 January 2020 09:00 AM
15.83 hpw, 8.50am - midday, term time only.
Fixed term contract until 31 August 2020.
This post is to work with a child in Reception who will need support in all areas of the curriculum.
You will be expected to support this child during continuous provision and also to deliver specific intervention support individually and in small groups. During class-based sessions, you will be expected to help facilitate the child's involvement and to also manage his behaviour / interaction.
Ideally, you will have a relevant level 2 / 3 EY qualification, but this is not essential. Experience of the EYFS curriculum would be beneficial as you will be required to think on your feet.
Key skills required:
- Experience of working with nursery and reception children
- Ability to get down to the child's level
- Ability to be flexible and adjust your approach depending upon the situation
- Be able to use your initiative to adapt activities to facilitate engagement, with the support of the class teacher
- A positive but firm approach to behaviour management, with the ability to focus upon the positive outcomes
- Experience of supporting speech development would be beneficial
- Ability to work as part of a large team
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders is imperative.
Please address these in your application.
Roll: 499 + 52 place nursery.
Do visit the school's website: www.hadleigh.suffolk.dbprimary.com to get a flavour of what we offer.
Visits to the school are welcomed; please contact the school office on (01473) 822161 to arrange an appointment with our Early Years Leader.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return your completed application to the school, preferably by email to: email@example.com
Interview date: 29 January 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.