- Halifax Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £17,711 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 28 February 2020 01:00 PM
25 hpw, 38 weeks per year (term time).
Fixed term until 31 August 2021.
Required from September 2020.
We are seeking to appoint an effective and caring Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly, hard-working and skilled team. You will be working under the guidance of teaching staff and our SENDCo to enhance the learning and personal development of the children by providing exceptional care, guidance and support, so that pupils thrive and make excellent progress.
You will need:
- experience and knowledge of working with children with a wide range of abilities and needs, including a range of special educational needs and disabilities
- flexibility to work to meet the needs of individuals and the school as a whole
- an interest, motivation and passion for working with children with special educational needs and disabilities and in developing skills to facilitate pupil progress and development
- excellent verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with the children, the SENDCo, staff and parents
- the ability to reflect on own behaviour to ensure teams are strong and working together to meet the needs of all pupils
- ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities
- the aspirations and desire to make a difference by providing exceptional care, guidance and support, so that pupils thrive and make excellent progress
- GCSE English and mathematics at grade 'C' or above.
Visits are warmly welcomed, so please contact Kelly Landers on (01473) 683932 to arrange an appointment.
Please visit our website: www.halifax.omat.org.uk for an application pack and for further information.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return your completed application via post to: Kelly Landers, Halifax Primary School, Prince of Wales Drive, Ipswich IP2 8PY or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: w/c 2 March 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for this post.