- Ravenswood Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £19,171 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 25 September 2020 12:00 PM
9.5 hpw, 38 weeks per year.
Required as soon as possible.
Here at Ravenswood we not only know that reading unlocks the future for everyone but also that it is one of the most enjoyable experiences you can have in life. When in a book you can find out information about all sorts of things, far flung spots of the globe, exciting and unusual animals or just which car to buy! You can enter magical worlds, funny worlds or very weird ones. As our Librarian you will play a pivotal role in disseminating this message to all involved in the school and beyond.
We are looking for someone who can:
- run the school library 3 half days a week including lunch clubs
- lead small group reading activities
- run our school book fair(s)
- lead whole school reading competitions
- build up our volunteer army of readers so that all children have the chance to read during a school week with different people
- run a parents / carers reading group
- put reading at the heart of all that we do.
You will have:
- a passion for reading
- good basic literacy skills
- the ability to engage others, both children and adults
- librarian skills and experience (desirable).
Please contact Amie Howard, School Office Manager, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01473) 728565 for further details. A zoom tour of the library / school can be made available.
Visits to the library must be arranged in advance and follow all Health and Safety measures in place.
An application pack is available from the related information section.
Please return the completed application form to the school.
Interview date: 29 September 2020.
Interviews will be via Zoom and all arrangements will be made in advance.
You will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.