- Woolpit Primary Academy
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 22 March 2021 01:00 PM
- £18,933 - £21,748 pro rata
- 32.5 hpw, 39 weeks a year (term time plus 1 week).
- Monday – Friday, 8.30am - 3.30pm
- Fixed term contract for one year.
Required from April / May 2021.
You will need to have experience as an office administrator, preferably gained within a school and be pro-active and versatile. You will be part of a small, busy office and will be involved with a wide range of activities and duties.
Reporting to the Office Manager some of your duties will include:
- maintaining the reception and front office to create a professional and welcoming entrance to the Academy at all times, ensuring you uphold our core values of nurture and respect
- typing, collation of documentation, production of official reports, minute taking.
- maintaining student database and parent contact details
- administration of the admissions process, attendance and produce reports relating to this
- receiving and processing monies/income/ invoices including processing and banking of cash/cheques and issuing of receipts
- ensuring accurate records and updates of pupil and staff information on the appropriate manual and electronic systems and registers such as the Single Central Record
- being responsible for preparation of data and uploading of the termly pupil and workforce census
- complying with policies relating to child protection, safeguarding and health and safety
- dealing with parents in a supporting, nurturing manner.
It would be desirable to have experience of working with data management, payment and communication systems but this is not essential as training can be provided. Strong IT skills as well as the ability to communicate clearly, sensitively and confidentiality with staff, parents and students are essential.
Information about our school
Our school vision
Our core values are: Nurture, Resilience, Inspiration and Respect, which are at the heart of all we do. Our intent is to ensure children leave Woolpit Primary Academy with a love of learning, as resilient individuals who are prepared for their futures. Our nurturing approach ensures all pupils grow into well-rounded individuals with healthy minds. Children will leave our primary school as respectful members of the community; inspired to learn and motivated to achieve.
Woolpit Primary Academy is a small school in an attractive rural setting, with 118 children on roll. We offer a supportive team and enthusiastic, diverse children who are eager to learn. Woolpit is part of the Thedwastre Trust, which consists of 4 small schools who work together.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to join a small but passionate office team, where we are on a journey of improvement. We are seeking fresh ideas and positive attitudes.
We are determined that every child will succeed to the best of their ability. We aim to foster pupils' strengths and support their progress with a broad curriculum that inspires and equips children for a lifetime of learning. PSHE and mental health is a core strand for us and we explicitly teach and support this through all that we do.
Further details and an application form are available on the school's website: www.woolpitprimary.net
We reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date; please therefore submit your application early to avoid disappointment.
Interviews: 25 March 2021.
The Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the successful candidate must ensure that the highest priority is given to following guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).