- Howard Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £21,589 - £23,836 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 25 September 2019 12:00 PM
20 - 25 hpw, term time only plus 2 weeks holiday work.
Required from September / October 2019.
The Chilford Hundred Education Trust (CHET) is a small multi academy trust comprising Howard Primary School, The Meadow Primary School, Linton Village College, Linton Heights and The Pines.
We are seeking to add an Office Manager to our current office team to support the general running of the school office and be the main point of contact for finance in school.
We have a successful and dedicated team who work with SIMS, PMX - Parentmail, Outlook, Office and SAGE to help manage the day-to-day running of the school. This role will be overseeing the admin assistants, supporting the school through ensuring its smooth operation with all administrative functions and working with the central finance team to deal with school finance functions.
We are looking for a candidate:
- with high levels of accuracy and good literacy and numeracy skills
- with experience of working within a busy office setting
- with experience of finance - SAGE is an advantage but not a necessity
- who can be an active member of a school team
- who is willing to be trained if necessary
- with a calm, polite nature.
You should have a patient approach and be able to use your own initiative. You will be able to function effectively as part of a team and able to make practical use of ICT. You should have a good level of English and mathematics.
The post will involve:
- Provide timely and effective operation of secretarial and administrative support to the Headteacher and staff in accordance with good secretarial practice
- Assist the school by maintaining good relationships with staff, parents, governors, contractors' representatives and external agencies in order to promote the objectives of the school
- Book courses authorised by the Headteacher and liaise regarding supply cover if needed
- Prepare recruitment material for all posts, arrange for advertisements to be placed, ensure the shortlisting and interviewing panel to receive copies of application forms and informing shortlisted candidates of interview. Arrange hospitality for interviews
- To maintain and prepare the reconciliation of the school bank accounts ensuring that it does not overdraw
- To prepare budgets alongside the Headteacher and CHET Finance Manager within timetable for final approval
- To monitor the school budget and report regularly to the Headteacher and Governors Finance Committee. Advising on budget position and reporting difficulties in order that corrective action can be taken
- Liaise with Property Manager over repairs and routine inspection / servicing.
We can offer:
- a happy school
- a supportive and friendly staff
- excellent support from parents, governors and the partnership of local schools
- continued professional development and full training.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
To enquire about available dates and times for a visit and to obtain an application pack, please contact Laurence Ball, Headteacher via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: w/c 30 September 2019.
Howard Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share the commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake a criminal record check and have references taken.