- St Margaret's CEVA Primary School (Ipswich)
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £20,344 – £22,911 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 09 October 2020 12:00 PM
21 hpw, minimum but more can be negotiated.
Required 19 October or as soon as possible thereafter.
You will be responsible for the premises and buildings of a large town centre school (420 pupils), ensuring the school remains safe and all legal requirements are met. You will take overall responsibility for ensuring the fabric of the school is in good condition and liaising with contractors will be a main part of your daily role. Reporting directly to the Headteacher, you will be able to use your own initiative to make recommendations. You will need be able to form good relationships with main contractors, specifically the school’s Property Advisor and colleagues within school.
You will have:
- experience of managing premises (heating, lighting, water testing etc)
- a good working understanding of Health and Safety requirements in the workplace
- the ability to manage a team including a caretaker and cleaning team
- project management experience is desirable
- understanding of the legal requirements in a school (legionella, asbestos, COSHH etc).
You will be:
- a ‘can do’ and positive person
- able to work to deadlines
- able to thrive in a large busy school
- able to prioritise tasks and organise own workload
- able to work as part of a team to secure a common goal
- part of the school’s vision as a Christian school, where we respect and value all.
What we can offer you:
- being part of a successful school with Christian values at the centre
- surrounded by a supportive, committed and experienced team
- clear vision and direction
- a fresh challenge to make a difference.
*Inflationary increase to be applied. Includes 23 holiday days per year.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please call the school office on (01472) 251613 to arrange an appointment.
An application pack is available in the related information section.
Applications to be emailed to: email@example.com or posted to St Margaret’s CEVAP, Bolton Lane, Ipswich, IP4 4BT
Interview date: 15 October 2020. Interviews to be held in a large room in a socially distanced manner.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.