- Heath Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £18,065 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 15 October 2019 12:00 PM
19.5 hpw, Wednesday and Friday 8.15am - 4.30pm (with half an hour for lunch) and Thursday 12.30pm - 4.30pm, 39 weeks per year.
We are seeking a well organised, flexible and committed individual to join our friendly office team.
You will be based on the main school reception desk and will deal on a day-to-day basis with telephone enquiries, incoming emails and post and face-to-face enquiries from parents and visitors to the school. You will also be responsible for providing additional support in carrying out a wide range of administrative duties. You will report directly to the School Business Manager.
We are looking to appoint a person who will need to have:
- excellent communication and IT skills including use of Microsoft Office
- experience of working in a busy office environment
- excellent literacy skills are required as some parts of the role may include letter writing and note taking
- excellent numerical skills
- a positive attitude with the ability to remain calm and cheerful under pressure
- the ability to prioritise work and to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- the ability to be adaptable and discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times
- GCSE English and mathematics at level C or above (or equivalent).
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience of working in a school environment
- Working knowledge of SIMS based software
- Working knowledge of Parentmail software.
We can offer:
- a supportive governing body, parents and community
- a commitment to your professional development and wellbeing
- enthusiastic, committed and supportive staff.
Please contact Jane Kirby, School Business Manager on (01473) 622806 if you would like an informal discussion about the job or to arrange a visit.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return your completed application via email to: email@example.com
Interview date: 29 October 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.