- Whitehouse Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £18,724 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 27 August 2020 02:00 PM
37 hpw, 44 weeks per year (term time, plus 5 weeks).
Required from September 2020.
Monday - Friday, 7am start. Applications for part time hours of 30 hours or more will also be considered.
Working within a team of a caretaker and cleaners, you will have responsibility for the in-house repairs and improvements, as well as contributing to the overall management and security of the site. This includes:
- unlocking at the start of day and securing the premises in the evening
- routine and emergency site repairs, maintenance and refurbishment
- contributing to the planned preventative maintenance routines
- routine health and safety and site checks
- liaising with contractors
- ad-hoc cleaning.
We are looking for someone with:
- a range of DIY skills, including plumbing and carpentry
- excellent working knowledge of the maintenance and development of an educational or commercial setting
- understanding of premises maintenance and health and safety policies and regulations
- excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- the ability to prioritise the tasks in hand
- resilience, and the ability to work unsupervised and as part of an effective team.
- the opportunity to make a difference to the learning environment of our pupils
- large, well established premises
- the opportunity to work with forward-thinking staff
- friendly, supportive colleagues.
Whitehouse Community Primary School is an inclusive and supportive setting. Following a period of growth, the school is now 3-form entry in Years R to 6 and has a 52 place nursery offering 30-hours provision. In June 2019, the school was rated ‘Good’.
For further information about the school, visit our website: www.whcps.org
To arrange to visit the school, please contact Debbie Whight on (01473) 741249 or email: email@example.com
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the school, Marlow Road, Ipswich IP1 5JN.
We cannot accept CVs.
Interview date: w/c 1 September 2020.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.