- Gunton Primary Academy
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 07 March 2021
- £18,933 - £21,748 pa
- 52 weeks per year, 37 hpw, split shifts.
- Required from 12 April, 2021.
We a looking for a hard-working, multi-skilled, honest and self-motivated person to be our Site Manager. You will be expected to work independently in maintaining and looking after our school. Knowledge and experience of working in a school or similar environment would be an advantage. You will also need the ability to be flexible and understanding of the needs of everyone in our school community.
Duties will include:
- site management - including daily opening and closing site
- security of the building and grounds, including the Primary Key-Holder for the site
- carrying out minor repairs, general maintenance and decorating
- making sure our school is safe and compliant with statutory regulations
- working with the cleaning team to ensure appropriate cleaning standards are maintained
- general porterage, including moving furniture and equipment around the site
- liaising with contractors and other visitors to the site.
You will have a flexible approach, enjoying a varied routine and will be:
- capable of establishing good working relationships with the Headteacher, School Business Manager, all staff, children and families
- well-organised, conscientious and reliable
- basic DIY skills and a practical approach to work
- this is a physical role involving lifting and carrying, and working both indoors and outdoors in all weathers
- ability to maintain and update premises online records
- flexible and pro-active in their approach to planning the working day.
As our new Site Manager, you will be someone who takes pride in their work, is up for a challenge and wants to get stuck in with all aspects of the life of our wonderful school. The role of Site Manager is a critical role in the success of our school, ensuring that school's site is safe, secure and well presented at all times.
In return, we can offer you:
- a firm commitment to you and your professional development
- joining a friendly, supportive, enthusiastic and hardworking team of staff and governors
- a very successful and happy learning community
- encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference
- opportunities to further develop your career within our Multi Academy Trust, REAch2, the largest primary-only academy trust in the country
- an opportunity to help the further improve our school's processes, procedures and effectiveness
- a very active PSFA, plus friendly and supportive families
- and, most importantly, working with our amazing and talented children.
Give us a call even if you are just a tiny bit interested - it really is as exciting as it sounds.
Gunton Primary Academy, and REAch2 Academy Trust, reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
We welcome you to visit the school (subject to COVID guidelines), please call us on (01502) 584661 to arrange a visit outside of school hours.
Application packs can be obtained by emailing the school on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be sent to: email@example.com or addressed to: Mrs T Richardson, Gunton Primary Academy, Gainsborough Drive, Lowestoft NR32 4LX.
Interview date: 11 March, 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS Disclosure with Child Barred List check will be carried out for this role. Employees will also be subject to a pre-employment medical check.