- Cockfield CEVC Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £17,711 - £18,426* pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 22 June 2020 01:00 PM
8.30am - 3.30pm, 38 weeks per year. *Plus 2.5 hpw After School Care one day a week at £9ph.
Required from 1 September 2020. Fixed term until 31 August 2021 with the possibility of an extension thereafter.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our successful and popular school.
You must have experience of working within the EYFS. You should be able to work collaboratively with teaching staff to plan and deliver the EYFS curriculum.
As a teaching assistant you will:
- undertake a range of specialised tasks to support learning
- assist with supervision of pupils, both indoors and outdoors
- have an appropriate level of expertise, qualifications and / or experience in EYFS, English and mathematics, including a full and relevant Level 3 Early Years qualification.
- assist in running a mixed aged After School Club once a week
- work with a small group of EYFS and Year 1 children.
As an After-School Club Leader you will be asked to supervise a very small group of children and provide art, craft, or cooking activities 3.20pm - 5.50pm once a week.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working with children in a school setting
- is flexible and can use their own initiative
- can work independently and as part of a team
- is willing to work flexibly and undertake a range of duties
- is resilient, hardworking and self-motivated
- can adapt to suit the needs of individual learners
- has the ability to manage change well, and support pupils in a variety of situations.
In return, we can offer:
- a dedicated, supportive team of professional colleagues and governors
- friendly, energetic pupils who are keen to learn and appreciate the support that they are given
- a school that values your commitment to helping children achieve and will support your professional development.
For further details, please contact the school on (01284) 828287.
An application pack is available to download from the related information section.
Please return your completed application form to the school via email: email@example.com or post to: Cockfield CEVC Primary School, Church Lane, Cockfield, Bury St Edmunds IP30 0LA
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.