- Forest Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £9.18 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 21 February 2020 01:00 PM
20 hpw, 39 weeks per year.
We are looking for a skilled teaching assistant, with a caring nature to join our team.
- work closely with the class teacher
- be able to provide evidence of how individual targets are met to ensure progress
- liaise with teaching staff to plan and deliver classroom support
- assist in developing each child's self-esteem and personal and social skills
- deliver interventions, as appropriate, to support the needs of the children in the cohort
- assist children on a 1:1 basis, as and when required.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working as a teaching assistant
- has at least an NVQ2/diploma or equivalent in the field of child development or working with children
- is flexible and can use their own initiative, understanding a range of duties
- can work independently and as part of a team
- is resilient, hardworking and self-motivated
- has a good sense of humour
- can adapt to suit the needs of individual learners
- has the ability to manage change well, and support children in a variety of situations.
More information about our school can be found on our website: www.forest.suffolk.sch.uk
Visits to the school are recommended. For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact either April Grimes or Lorna Rourke (Headteachers) on (01842) 810309.
Application form and further details are available from the Office at school.
Alternatively, an application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed applications should be returned to the school.
Interview date: w/c 2 March 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.