- Gorseland Primary School
- Place of work:
- Martlesham Heath
- Salary details:
- £19,554 - £21,166 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 30 September 2019 12:00 PM
32 hpw. Job shares are welcome to apply. Temporary with the possibility of permanence.
Required from October 2019.
We are seeking to appoint a Grade 3 Teaching Assistant within the SSC.
You will have:
- knowledge and experience of SEND, including autism, communication difficulties and global developmental delay
- the ability to use Makaton signing (desirable)
- the ability to work as part of a team and with a range of stakeholders
- the ability to be flexible, enthusiastic, skilled and committed to working with children with SEN demonstrating kindness and patience
- proven ability to skilfully change unwanted pupil behaviours
- GCSE Grades A - C in English and mathematics or equivalent
- considerable expertise or specialism in assisting the progress of children with special educational needs
- qualifications or experience in Forest Schools, training in Elklan, attachment theory, first aid (Thrive or nurture are desirable).
In our most recent Ofsted report, dated December 2017, it stated:
'Pupils in the school's specialist support centre are supported very well and make excellent progress.'
'Pupils in the specialist support centre have provision that clearly identifies their needs and ensures their individual progress.'
'Pupils in the unit arrive with low levels of attainment. They make excellent progress within a year of joining the school. Progress in speaking and listening and in social and emotional development are particularly strong.'
Visits to the school and the SSC are warmly welcomed, to arrange an appointment please contact Elizabeth Leonard on (01473) 623790.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed application forms should be posted to: Elizabeth Leonard, Deben Avenue, Martlesham, Ipswich IP5 3QR or sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.