- Gorseland Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £19,554 - £21,166 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 31 January 2020 12:00 PM
32 hpw, 38 weeks per year. Temporary until July 2022 due to the temporary extension of our KS3 unit. Job share considered.
Required from March / April 2020.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant within the Specialist Support Centre (SSC).
In our most recent Ofsted report (December 2017), it stated:
‘Pupils in the school’s specialist support centre are supported very well and make excellent progress.’
‘Pupils in the specialist support centre have provision that clearly identifies their needs and ensures their individual progress.’
‘Pupils in the unit arrive with low levels of attainment. They make excellent progress within a year of joining the school. Progress in speaking and listening and in social and emotional development are particularly strong.’
We need to recruit a Teaching Assistant who:
- has knowledge and experience of SEND including autism, communication difficulties and global developmental delay. The ability to use Makaton signing is desirable
- has the ability to work as part of a team, with a range of stakeholders
- is flexible, enthusiastic, skilled and committed to working with children with SEN demonstrating kindness and patience
- has proven ability to skilfully change unwanted pupil behaviours
- has GCSE grades A - C in English and mathematics or equivalent
- has considerable expertise or specialism in assisting the progress of children with Special Educational Needs.
Visits to the school and SSC are warmly welcomed.
Gorseland Primary School is in the Kesgrave / Martlesham area and is an ‘Outstanding’ school (Ofsted, December 2017). Please look at our website www.gorseland.net where you can find out more about the school.
Visits are warmly welcomed, so please contact Elizabeth Leonard on (01473) 623790 to arrange an appointment.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Application forms may be submitted to Elizabeth Leonard via post or via email to: email@example.com
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.