- St Edmund's Catholic Primary School (Bungay)
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 05 February 2021 01:00 PM
- £9.62 ph
- 16.25 hpw, mornings only 8.45am - midday
- Fixed term until 31 August 2021.
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Teaching Assistant for a mixed year 1/2 class.
- support individuals and groups of students to enable access to learning, contributing to the development and maintenance of a purposeful, nurturing learning environment
- need to have a flexible approach, be proactive, have excellent communication skills and be able to respond effectively to multiple changing school priorities.
Your role will involve some small group and individual support focused on raising attainment and closing the gap for children working below age related expectations.
We need someone who:
- has strong literacy and numeracy skills, GSCE mathematics and English grade C and above
- has a minimum NVQ level 2 is desired but not essential for Teaching Assistants or equivalent, or equivalent experience working in a school
- can quickly establish and maintain positive relationships with staff, children and parents across our school
- is able to work both independently and as part of a team
- can maintain professionalism, discretion and confidentiality at all times
- has good knowledge of safeguarding
- has the ability to maintain the learning environment to a high standard
- has an understanding and compassion for children with adverse childhood experiences and employ a restorative approach to behaviour
- be sympathetic to the Catholic Ethos of our school.
Visits to the school are welcomed and strongly encouraged.
For an informal discussion only or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office on (01986) 892502.
For an application pack or to return your completed application, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.