- Old Newton CE Primary School
- Place of work:
- Old Newton
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 02 March 2021 12:00 PM
- £9.81 ph (£18,933 pro rata)
- 27.5 hpw*, 39 weeks per year (term time plus one week for PD days)
- Required from 12 April 2021.
*Monday – Thursday (8.30am – 3.30pm), Friday (8.30am – 12pm) including one hour unpaid lunch break.
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced TA/possible HLTA to join our caring and dedicated staff.
We are looking to appoint an experienced, dedicated TA / possible HLTA who can work effectively across the primary phase. EYFS experience and / or qualifications in working and supporting pupils with behaviour or learning needs is highly desirable.
You will join our friendly village primary school to undertake the responsibilities of supporting learning, progress and attainment of pupils. The position would initially be to work with children from Reception to Year 2.
You will be:
- an effective communicator with adults and children, both verbally and in writing
- able to support a diverse range of needs
- able to contribute to assessments
- keen to be part of a team to support the general smooth running of our school
- willing to learn new skills
- familiar with using basic IT
- able to follow plans and work using own initiative
- able to adhere to policies and procedures
- able to maintain confidentiality
- able to work in an HLTA role if needed
- proficient to grade C / level 4 or above in English and Maths at GCSE or equivalent
- willing to continue their own professional development by attending training sessions, eg; first aid.
For the right candidate HLTA hours could be offered to cover classes or subject responsibility. This would be discussed at the interview stage.
At Old Newton Primary School we believe that our children flourish personally, socially and academically through learning based upon our Christian Values and our Learner Habits.
You will be joining a strong, talented and committed team of teaching and non-teaching staff; working in a well-resourced and attractive environment with friendly and enthusiastic pupils who have a love of learning.
We can offer:
- a thriving and vibrant school moving rapidly from strength to strength
- a forward thinking leadership team
- enthusiastic, happy and well behaved children who are eager to learn and succeed
- a team of highly supportive and experienced colleagues who enjoy working together
- very supportive Governing Body, PTA and parents
- excellent professional development opportunities
- a well-resourced school in beautiful grounds.
Visits to the school would usually be encouraged and welcomed, however due to COVID this is not possible at this point. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this role further with you so, please contact the school on (01449) 673257 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to the Headteacher with any queries or questions that you may have.
The school brochure and further information can be viewed on our website.
Completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com.
Interview date: w/c 8 March 2021.
If you have not heard from the school by 6pm on 9 March 2021, you may assume your application, on this occasion, was unsuccessful.
At Old Newton CE Primary School we are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.