- Honington CEVC Primary School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 21 June 2021 01:00 PM
- £17,842 - £18,562 pro rata
- 25 hpw, MDSA 5 lunchtimes
- Fixed term contract until 31st August 2022, initially.
- Required from 1 September 2021.
Honington CEVCP School is a caring, friendly community which has the well-being of all our children at the heart of everything we do. We have a strong commitment to every child achieving their potential across all areas of the curriculum. Every child is unique and will bring their own personalities to our school. We do our utmost to make sure that every child achieves through high expectations and challenge provided in a safe and caring environment.
Your role is to primarily facilitate access to learning for pupils. This could include:
- supporting an individual 1:1 as well as groups and working within the class under the guidance of the class teacher and SENDCo
- assisting in the effective running of the classroom, including in the preparation and management of resources and provide general assistance to the class teacher in supporting learning including for 1:1 support
- supervising children during the lunch period either in the playground or classroom during wet play.
We welcome applications from experienced candidates for the role or those who feel they have relevant and transferable skills.
Essential qualifications include GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics, grade C or above.
In return we can offer:
- exciting opportunity to make a real impact on pupils
- support of a highly effective, caring staff team committed to the children's success
- high quality training and professional development - fun and a challenge.
We have a friendly and highly motivated staff team. Parents are extremely supportive and the pupils are well behaved and love learning.
We cannot offer our usual full visits to the school at the moment, but you are more than welcome to contact us to arrange a socially distanced meeting at the school to discuss the role. Alternatively, we can arrange this via phone or video call. Please contact the school Office Manager, Jane Diver, on (01359) 269324 or email: email@example.com for more information.
Please send completed application forms to: Honington CEVCP School, Malting Row, Honington, Suffolk, IP31 1RE or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 24 June 2021.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.