- Raedwald Trust
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 31 August 2021 01:00 PM
- £20,215 - £22,849 pro rata
- 37 hpw, 39 weeks per year, 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday - Friday
- Full and part time hours will be considered
- Fixed term for one year
Are you looking for a real challenge in life? Looking to have a real impact on the lives of children? If so, the Raedwald Trust might just be what you have been looking for.
You will be working across the Raedwald Academy Trust settings. The academies provide education for young learners who are unable to access mainstream education for medical or behavioural reasons.
We are looking to recruit in our KS1-2 provision, please put on your application a preference for any key stage or details of relevant experience in any particular key stage.
As part of the ongoing development of our service, we are seeking Learning and Progress Support workers with a strong commitment to social inclusion and improving learning outcomes for vulnerable children. We can offer you the opportunity to be part of a highly effective learning team and continued professional development.
Learning and Progress post holders work within an agreed system of supervision to support the education of children and young people at the Raedwald Trust.
- provide high quality classroom support
- contribute effectively to planning and preparation of learning activities and resources as required
- have relevant experience or experience within a mainstream setting
- be able to demonstrate effective behaviour management strategies
- be a good team player
- demonstrate a positive attitude towards all stakeholders
- be flexible, resilient and calm under pressure
- have the ability to build positive working relationships with young people
- have GCSE English and Mathematics at Level C or above (or equivalent).
As part of the Raedwald Trust Team, you will support pupils in-centre during the school day, communicate with families and outside agencies, and enable inclusion within community schools via advisory role during any outreach.
Access to personal transport is essential.
Visits from potential applicants are welcomed. Please contact Laura Leeder, Trust PA (email: firstname.lastname@example.org teL: (01473) 550472 if you would like to arrange a visit or would like an application pack.
Please note we cannot accept CVs.
Please see the related information section for an application form and return completed application forms to Laura Leeder via email: email@example.com
Interview date: w/c 6 September 2021.
Appointment of the successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check. This is as stated in the Academy’s Safeguarding Policy to show commitment to safeguarding and promotion of welfare of children.
As an equal opportunities employer, the Raedwald Trust is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join the Raedwald Trust.