- Raedwald Trust
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £19,819 - £22,401 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 25 February 2019 12:00 PM
37 hpw, 39 weeks per year. 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday - Friday.
You will be working across the Raedwald Academy Trust settings. The academies provide education for young learners who are unable to access mainstream education for medical or behavioural reasons.
We are looking to recruit across all key stages, please put on your application a preference for any key stage or details of relevant experience in any particular key stage.
As part of the ongoing development of our service, we are seeking Learning and Progress Support workers with a strong commitment to social inclusion and improving learning outcomes for vulnerable children. We can offer you the opportunity to be part of a highly effective learning team and continued professional development.
Learning and Progress post holders work within an agreed system of supervision to support the education of children and young people at the Raedwald Trust.
- provide high quality classroom support
- contribute effectively to planning and preparation of learning activities and resources as required
- have relevant experience or experience within a mainstream setting
- be able to demonstrate effective behaviour management strategies
- be a good team player
- demonstrate a positive attitude towards all stakeholders
- be flexible, resilient and calm under pressure
- have the ability to build positive working relationships with young people
- have GCSE English and mathematics at Level C or above (or equivalent).
As part of the Raedwald Trust Team, you will support pupils in-centre during the school day (including lunch time duties), communicate with families and outside agencies, and enable inclusion within community schools via advisory role during any outreach.
Access to personal transport is essential.
For more information, please see the job description found in the related information section.
Informal discussions or visits to the academies prior to application are welcomed and encouraged. To arrange, please call (01473) 550472.
For an application form, please contact Laura Leeder at the trust's office on (01473) 550472 or email: email@example.com
Interview date: w/c 25 February 2019.
Appointment of the successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check. This is as stated in the Academy's Safeguarding Policy to show commitment to safeguarding and promotion of welfare of children.