- Bungay High School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £20,344 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 09 December 2019 01:00 PM
37 hpw, 39 weeks per year.
Required from January 2020.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, diligent and organised person as an Assistant Head of House to provide pastoral care and support to our students. This is a crucial role within our school, with most parent / carer / student contact coming through to the house office in the first instance. We have 4 houses (Gryffin, Pegasus, Phoenix and Wyvern) and an Assistant Head of House works closely with 2 houses. Each house also has a Head of House.
You will be required to carry out the following duties:
- First day absence telephone calls
- Collation of absence data for analysis / discussion at team meetings
- Meeting with parents and the Education Welfare Officer (EWO) for student attendance concerns
- Liaison with external support agencies, completing referrals in a timely manner (CAF, PEP, FPN etc.)
- Monitoring student progress and welfare
- Keeping an accurate 'day book' of house issues (incoming / outgoing)
- Maintaining student logs for the Headteacher, where necessary for students who are 'at risk'
- Liaison with the Form Tutor Team and providing support to the team
- Attending and participating in house assemblies
- Involvement in the Young Carers and LGBT groups
- Be able to prioritise work to ensure effective running of the house office
- Carry out lunchtime duties and isolation room duty
- Contribute to the process in safeguarding children including the completion of referral forms and attendance at core group meetings in the absence of the Head of House.
This list is indicative of key roles and responsibilities but not exclusive.
You will have good ICT skills with the ability to access emails, electronic resources and use Microsoft Office. You must have good time management and be well organised to allow you to schedule and prioritise the House Team work and maintain appropriate records. You should be able to work on your own initiative and have excellent communication skills.
* £17, 268 pa.
If you are interested in this position and would like discuss the role in more detail, please contact Jayne Capps-Jenner via email: email@example.com or telephone (01986) 891642.
An application form and job description is available from Jayne Capps-Jenner, or alternatively visit our website: www.bungayhigh.co.uk where the application form and other information can be downloaded.
Please return your completed application to the school: Bungay High School, Queens Road, Bungay, Suffolk NR35 1RW and address your covering letter of interest to Angelo Goduti, Headteacher.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.