- St Alban's Catholic High School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 10 May 2021 11:30 PM
- £23,541 pro rata (Actual salary £17,531 pa)
- 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Required as soon as possible.
“Learning, Respecting, Caring”
The Governors are seeking to appoint an individual that will be part of the strategy for ensuring student progress is supported by strong attendance in years 7-13. The Attendance and Census officer will work in a variety of settings within a framework of school expectations and procedures, supporting students, and on occasions their families.
The correct candidate would preferably have experience of using SIMS within a school environment, must be organised and an excellent communicator.
St Alban's Catholic High School strives to provide an excellent education for our students within a caring Christian community where all are respected, valued and supported to achieve their potential. Our mission statement is ‘Learning, Respecting and Caring’ and through this mission we aim to inspire, challenge, support and value every student to achieve their potential.
In our latest Ofsted inspection, January 2020, we were judged to be ‘Good’ in all areas. Inspectors found that ‘the schools Christian values have a positive influence with pupils understanding the importance of the school community. They are polite, mature and considerate towards others. They respect and look after each other’.
- To manage daily absence notes, emails and phone calls for all year groups
- To contact parents/guardians concerning student absence which has not been reported
- Maintain registers, ensuring that all students are registered twice a day, deal with ‘missing’ marks and ensuring accurate recording of students educated off site, excluded etc.
- To undertake administrative and clerical duties arising from the registration of students’ lateness and absence
- To make decisions and respond to re student absence requests, liaising with the Pastoral team and Headteacher as necessary
- To follow up any ‘unauthorised’ absence through discussion with colleagues, parents/guardians and EWO as necessary
- To input/enter and update attendance data on SIMS, monitoring and ensuring accuracy at all times
- To manage all attendance data, providing information for analysis as required, identifying trends and patterns of absence
- To prepare reports regarding attendance data as required by the School
- To liaise with Education Welfare Services to support persistent absentees and vulnerable groups
- To keep up-to-date with local and national attendance legislation/policy
- To ensure timely and accurate completion of the School and CES Census, liaising with the data manager and other professionals.
All staff have a responsibility and have a duty to ensure that their work and interaction with all individuals fully reflects the school’s distinctive ethos and mission statement as a Catholic School.
The application and other forms are available at www.st-albans.suffolk.sch.uk
Completed application and disclosure forms should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, evidence of Right to Work in the UK and satisfactory completion of all other pre-employment checks.