- Stowupland High School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £16,825 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 29 January 2020 09:00 AM
37 hpw, Monday - Thursday, 8.30am - 4pm, Friday 7.50am - 4pm, 38 weeks per year.
Required from April 2020.
'Outstanding Progress for All'
We are seeking to employ a conscientious and skilled Cover Supervisor; you must be willing to manage the deployment of cover for one day each week and to upgrade to the post of instructor in order to cover longer-term vacancies. The post might well be suitable for someone considering a career in teaching.
Our 11 - 18 school is at a very exciting stage in its development. We are the lead school in the John Milton Academy Trust and are looking forward to the opening our new dedicated sixth form building in September 2020. You will join a forward thinking and supportive staff and a trust committed to aspiration and excellence for all.
You will be:
- committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can
- skilled and confident in listening and speaking to young people
- calm and able to work under pressure
- able to work in a changing environment.
You will have:
- sound mathematics and literacy skills (GCSE grade C or equivalent is essential in mathematics and English)
- experience of working with children in a learning environment
- the ability to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
We will provide:
- experience of working with young people across year groups
- excellent support from a professional and hardworking team
- opportunities for working in activities beyond the curriculum that broaden skills and enrich experience
- training opportunities.
The John Milton Academy Trust is a newly established trust located in Mid-Suffolk. The trust anticipates that it will be able to attract families and students by providing education in small, inclusive schools, but ones that can provide a wealth of curriculum opportunities and experiences leading to the highest possible standards of achievement. As the educational landscape undergoes significant change, JMAT wishes to establish a strong reputation building on the success of its constituent schools so that parents, carers and students regard the John Milton Academy Trust as the first choice for academic excellence and personal development.
If you feel that you could undertake this key role and contribute to the success of the school, we look forward to hearing from you.
We welcome potential applicants to visit our school. Please contact Sue Lewis, Headteacher's PA, to arrange a convenient time on (01449) 742444.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Alternatively, full details of the post and an application pack are available on the school website: www.stowuplandhighschool.co.uk or by contacting the school via email: email@example.com
Interview date: 4 February 2020.