- Bungay High School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £22,911 - £26,317 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 28 September 2020 12:00 PM
37 hpw, 39 weeks per year.
Required from 2 November 2020, applications are invited for a Lead Cover Supervisor. You will work under the direction of the Deputy Headteacher at this successful high school, with circa 900 students ranging from Year 7 – 13.
- receiving telephone calls from staff calling in unwell (calls come in from 7am)
- arranging cover for teaching staff absence
- supervising a small team of Cover Supervisors
- directing Cover Supervisors and Liaising with Heads of Faculty/Department
- arranging external supply teachers through agencies when required
- arranging cover for unexpected teaching staff absence as arises during the school day
- providing teaching staff absence cover yourself
- inputting absence data onto the school recording system (SIMS)
- creating absence reports for the Senior Leadership Team.
The ability to respond to an unplanned staffing situation is essential to ensure that students have a teacher present in the classroom. Relevant experience is desirable but not essential, as training will be given. You will have a positive attitude, a flexible approach and a willingness to meet the needs of the school.
An application form and job description are available from Jayne Capps-Jenner. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively visit our website: www.bungayhigh.co.uk, where the application form and other information can be downloaded.
Please write your covering letter of application to Angelo Goduti, Headteacher.
Bungay High School is a high achieving and thriving comprehensive school situated in a pleasant rural area. We are 20 miles from Norwich and 15 miles from the delightful heritage coast. We have fantastic students, great staff and a commitment to success for all. We have an excellent CPD programme and are committed to staff development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS check will be required for this post.