- Bury St Edmunds County Upper School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 10 May 2021 09:00 AM
- £25,991- £29,577 pro rata (£21,495.57- £24,463.77 pa)
- 37 hpw, 38 weeks per year
- Required from September 2021.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated, committed and enthusiastic pastoral/inclusions support co-ordinator to join the staff at this highly regarded 13-18 upper school.
You will support the Heads of Year in providing pastoral care for students and be the first port of call for parents/carers. As a Pastoral/Inclusion Support Co-ordinator you will provide support in monitoring and tracking all students in order to contribute to raising achievement, attendance and behaviour.
We’re looking for a talented individual to help foster a caring and supportive learning environment for our young people. You will directly influence students in the school whose behaviour and/or attendance is a barrier to learning. Your experience of pastoral care will place our learners’ welfare at the heart of the school. You will be able to remain calm and professional when dealing with challenging situations and be able to respond appropriately and promptly.
- promote positive attendance, punctuality and behaviour across the school to ensure consistent progress is made by all students
- work closely with parents/carers and students to improve levels of attendance and behaviour
- collate information on students with poor attendance and work with colleagues (including Heads of Year) to identify improvement strategies that can be implemented.
For an informal discussion, please contact the school.
Further information about County Upper can be found on our website: http://www.burytrust.org/county/index.htm
If you would like to apply, please use the following link: https://candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk/132670SJD
If you are a current employee of Unity Schools Partnership, please use the following link to apply: https://candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk/132670INT
Interview date: 17 May 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are required for relevant posts.
Unity Schools Partnership – welcoming diversity.