- SET Saxmundham School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 12 May 2021 09:00 AM
- £19,052 - £27,592 pro rata*
- 37.5 hours per week, term time only (36.4 weeks pa)
- Required from mid- August 2021.
* Actual: £15,275 - £22,123
As part of our mission to meet the needs of each and every young person, we now have a fantastic opportunity for two experienced HLTAs to join our close-knit community at SET Saxmundham School – Specialist Centre.
In September 2021, we will be extending our provision to include a brand new Interaction and Communication Centre, as well as a separate Cognition and Learning Centre. Both centres will support up to 18 Key Stage 3 / 4 students in Year 1, and 24 students from Year 2.
These centres are part of our mainstream provision facilitating personalised pathways for each student, enabling them to access as much of the mainstream curriculum as possible and realise their full potential. We envisage the classes in the centres having a maximum ratio of 9 students: 1 Teacher, one HLTA and up to two further TAs, although classes may well be smaller when students are accessing mainstream lessons.
- have a thorough understanding of the SEN Code of Practice, and inclusive practice within a school setting
- demonstrate a knowledge of the variety of barriers to learning that students face
- preferably have experience in a secondary school with excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- be able to establish positive and respectful relationships with students
- be an effective team player with high standards of integrity and approachability.
We are looking to appoint one HLTA to each centre, and specific experience in supporting interaction and communication, or cognition and learning (or both) would be a distinct advantage.
For more information about the role, and to download an application form please visit: www.seckfordeducation.org.uk
Closing date: 9am, 12 May 2021.
We reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date; please therefore submit your application early to avoid disappointment.
The Seckford Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).