- South Lee School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £17,000 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 21 March 2019 01:00 PM
Monday - Friday: 9am - 6pm (with a one hour lunch break) in term time.
9am - 3pm (with a one hour lunch break) in school holidays.
Fixed term contract for one year.
You will provide effective, frontline reception and administrative support to the school office and be expected to:
- be the first point of contact for parents, pupils and visitors and to sign all visitors in and out
- be the first point of contact for telephone calls to the school office, promoting the school through telephone enquiries and personal contact with parents and general public
- monitor morning and afternoon registration on a daily basis, liaising with form tutors, sports staff and music staff and following up unexplained absentees with parents
- manage school sports hall bookings
- deal with pupils who visit the office on a day-to-day basis
- maintain a staff absence register
- deal with queries from parents
- assist with sending out circular letters
- administrate the school bus service
- administrate the ticketing for school drama performances
- collate reply slips and enter data onto excel spreadsheets as required
- deal with pupil filing
- share other tasks as part of the school office team as required.
All staff have a responsibility and duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils. Staff must be aware of the systems within the school which support safeguarding and must act in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and Code of Conduct. Staff will receive appropriate child protection training, which is regularly updated.
You will have:
- the ability to work confidentially, efficiently and accurately
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be diplomatic and discreet
- good organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- good IT skills, including knowledge of everyday IT packages and experience of working with databases.
It is desirable that you have proven experience in a receptionist role.
Each member of the administration team has their own main area of responsibility but it is expected that everyone has a flexible attitude and is willing and able to assist in other areas when required. This is a very busy office and each member of the team carries out general duties in respect of reception of parents and visitors, telephones, intercom and students.
A great deal of the information and work dealt with is, of necessity, confidential, and it is important that none of this information is disclosed to any unauthorised person, and that is dealt with discreetly and with integrity.
We offer you:
- after one years' service, remission of 50% of tuition fees at South Lee School for children of employees (subject to space). This percentage is pro-rata for part-time or term time only employees. (Please note that remission of school fees is not a contractual entitlement. The governors reserve the right to vary the rate of remission or to withdraw it altogether).
- free daily hot lunches provided in the school dining hall, including vegetarian options (term time only); coffee, tea and supplies for hot drinks supplied throughout the day
- free parking on site
- pension scheme.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return completed application forms to the school.
Interview date: 26 March 2019.
South Lee School is committed to safeguarding our children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
These posts are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.