- South Suffolk Learning Trust
- Place of work:
- East Bergholt
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 30 April 2021 12:00 PM
- £14,018 pa
- 30 hpw, 38 weeks per year (term time)
- 8.30am - 3.00pm (including a 30 minute break)
- Flexible working hours when delivering workshops
- Required as soon as possible
We are looking to recruit a professional, experience, self-motivated and proactive counsellor to work within our schools. You will need to be able to deliver therapeutic counselling sessions and engage with our most vulnerable students.
Appropriate counselling experience, ideally within a school environment, is essential. We would also like you to develop a trust wide Mental Health working strategy, lead group session for staff for professional development and wellbeing, in addition to running parental workshops on how best to support their child’s mental health and wellbeing.
You will need to:
- be resilient, flexible and demonstrate an ability to engage with students
- be compassionate, understanding and demonstrate the ability to connect with emotionally vulnerable students
- be able to plan and organise successful events for engagement with students, staff and parents/carers
- liaise with key staff in each school to make appropriate referrals to other agencies.
In return you will receive:
- the support of committed, dedicated and friendly colleagues
- a trust culture of being reflective and striving for continual improvement
- support for ongoing professional development.
The South Suffolk Learning Trust was established in 2017, to build upon the excellent work of the founding schools and their shared belief that the young people in our care should have access to excellent educational provision. Working within and beyond the Trust, the Trust aims to provide support and drive improvement in all of its schools. Currently comprising four high schools and one primary school the Trust aspires to grow, through a carefully managed approach.
Initially we are looking for a counsellor to work across East Bergholt High School, Hadleigh High School and Claydon High School, although some support in the future for the primary school would be desirable. The schools are between 10-20 minute drive from each other. The counsellor would spend full days on each site.
Further details about the post and how to apply are available on our Trust website: www.sslt.org.uk
Interview date: w/c 10 May 2021.
South Suffolk Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to provide references, undergo employment checks and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.