- Olive AP Academy Suffolk (Central)
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £23,123 - £26,313 pa*
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 11 December 2019 09:00 AM
37 hpw, term time only plus 4 weeks (42 weeks per year).
Required from January / February 2020.
Are you an administrative professional who wants to use their skills and expertise to help transform the lives of children and young people in Suffolk?
We are looking for a highly organised and efficient team player to play a leading role in managing our academy's administrative support services. This is a chance to work with a small team and be part of a pioneering network of schools; an opportunity to work alongside colleagues who share a commitment to breaking the cycle of disadvantage many excluded children and young people face.
We are looking for an office manager with a good amount of experience in organisation, HR management and operations but who is also open and keen to learn new things. This role will suit somebody who is highly efficient and organised and enjoys supporting others. You will work alongside the academy's Business Manager, Headteacher and senior leadership team and will shape the operations of our growing academy.
We are looking for someone who:
- is highly organised with an eye for detail
- can prioritise and work to deadlines
- is able to work independently and use initiative to solve problems
- is an excellent communicator, both oral and written
- can confidently use technology, particularly Excel.
The role will include the following duties:
- Take on the role of personal assistant to our academy headteacher; provide administrative support to the headteacher as and when needed. This is to include diary management, organisation of meetings and minute taking. You will also be the first point of contact for parents, carers and external agencies who wish to speak or meet with the academy headteacher
- Lead our 'front of house' office team; ensuring that we provide a welcoming, informative and professional service to all our academy visitors and ensuring safeguarding procedures are adhered to
- Maintain all personnel files for all academy staff (to include checks on all statutory safeguarding evidence required, including Disclosure and Barring Service checks) Keep and maintain the academy's Single Central Record.
At Olive Academies, we can offer you:
- a close and supportive team in a working environment where your wellbeing is a priority
- access to the OA employees' wellbeing benefits package (including Perkbox, MyGym, CycleScheme, Employee Assistance Programme and more)
- high-quality CPD, strong links to mainstream schools and opportunities for career progression
- an organisation which is values driven and has children at the centre of everything we do.
Olive AP Academy - Suffolk is based in Stowmarket. Our alternative provision academy supports pupils aged 7 - 16.
The academy offers students an inspiring curriculum with high-quality newly refurbished classrooms, a sports hall, art and design technology room, science laboratory, construction room, motor mechanics workshops, orchard and garden. The academy has up to 92 pupils on roll at any time and offers support to pupils in KS2 - KS4 with complex or medical needs and those who have been permanently excluded from school.
To find out more, please visit our website: apsuffolk.oliveacademies.org.uk
* with access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Our academies always welcome visits.
Please get in touch with Helen Everard, Business Manager via email: email@example.com or call (01449) 613 931 if you would like to arrange a visit or need any further information.
Please download an application form and a job pack (including a full detailed role description) from our website: www.oliveacademies.org.uk
Please return your completed Olive Academies application form via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 17 December 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.