- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £25,295 pro rata*
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 27 September 2020 11:30 PM
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Independence and Wellbeing Service.
This is a key role within the organisation, located within the Adult and Community Services (ACS) directorate working across the West locality.
We are a small team that manage the demand at the front door. We work closely with our colleagues in the area teams and our health colleagues to have a integrated approach to the services we deliver. We offer advice and information to customers to remain as independent as possible within their own home whilst utilising their community and looking at digital solutions.
The main purpose of this role is to work with customers to identify and deliver personalised good quality outcomes to the highest standards to support and maximise their independence and wellbeing.
- be working as part of an integrated team with other health professionals to support safe effective and timely discharge planning
- promote personalisation, independence, wellbeing and choice to people
- carry out asset-based assessments / reviews
- create reablement plans in line with a signs of safety solution focused approach
- work with local contract and service development Teams and managers and share information and good practice to inform future commissioning models and new ways of working.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
*pending 2.75% pay award.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Susan Harriot on: (01284) 758815.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.