- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 19 January 2020 11:30 PM
Based at Landmark House, Ipswich or Beacon House, Ipswich.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Specialist Dementia Team in Ipswich and East locality, Adult and Community Services.
If you are passionate about supporting people living with dementia to be as independent as they can be and enjoy working in partnership with customers, their families, service providers and health colleagues to identify ways to improve outcomes for the people we support, this could be the role for you.
- be responsible for working with customers, their families and service providers to develop personalised care and support plans including direct payments and carrying out assessments and reviews under the Care Act (14) and Mental Capacity Act (05), with consideration of deprivation of liberty safeguards
- work closely with service development and contracts to help us understand our provider market and how we can best use the resources we have. This includes looking at innovative ways of working with assistive technology and digital solutions
- challenge providers to be the best they can be and support communities to be dementia friendly across Suffolk
- promote Suffolk County Council’s vision, objectives and priorities effectively to your customers, our partners and the public and inspire others by role modelling our organisational values at all times
- promote a culture of value for money, outcome-based customer focus and continuous improvement
- demonstrate strong social work values
- be able to manage crisis and potentially challenging situations in a calm manner.
We are looking for people with a passion about supporting individuals and families living with dementia, who have excellent communication skills and dedication to good practice and able to work at pace.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Julia Parish (01394) 605031.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.