- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Riverside, Lowestoft
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 18 October 2019 11:30 PM
Flexible working options available to support you, your work life balance and career.
Fixed term / secondment for 18 months, as part of the Demand Management Programme.
This is a key role within the Adult and Community Services (ACS) directorate. Take the next step in your social work career and play a key role in our team and service.
Services that recognise that our staff are our greatest resource. With you in our team, we can achieve some of our authority’s priorities of enabling everyone to live long, healthy and fulfilling lives, while safeguarding the most vulnerable people in Suffolk.
The main purpose of this role is to provide professional support to the area social work team, supporting the senior management team in delivering good quality services and effective integration between health and social care through collaboration with stakeholders and partners across the system to deliver better outcomes for the people of Suffolk. The area team will be a key part of the Integrated Neighbourhood Team including key partners. As such an understanding of working within a system will be a key part of the role, ensuring health and social care systems are joined up and accessible for all our service users.
- support the team Manager, working with the Operations and Partnerships Managers and the wider senior management team as well as health leaders and managers to deliver the council’s political and strategic agendas
- provide professional support to the area social work teams, working with the team Manager to manage demand whilst delivering the highest standards of social care, re-ablement, mental health and therapy services for the people of Suffolk
- be expected to promote Suffolk County Council’s vision, objectives, and priorities effectively to your staff, our partners, and the public and inspire others by role modelling our organisational values at all times
- promote a culture of value for money, outcome based customer focus and continuous improvement
- be responsible for managing a challenging caseload while operating at all times to the social worker level of Professional Capabilities Framework, this will include completing a range of assessments; and Knowledge and Skills Statements for adult social workers.
Whilst you will work within the policy and procedures of the Suffolk County Council under supervision, you are also be expected to exercise a high level of autonomous professional judgement and risk evaluation, taking responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of people accessing ACS services.
As part of Adult and Community Services (ACS), you will have the opportunity to empower Suffolk residents to lead safe, healthy and fulfilling lives. You will strive to support independence amongst our customers, using our Signs of Safety and Wellbeing practice approach. This approach draws on strengths, resources and networks that people and families have, to identify and build solutions that work for them and respects people as experts in their own lives.
The benefits include:
- flexible working arrangements available
- relocation scheme for qualifying new employees
- free parking for you as a peripatetic worker
- free DBS check (if you are not registered on the DBS Update Service)
- public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- tax free bikes through our cycle to work scheme
- a contributory pension scheme
- benefits scheme that includes childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme
- free 24/7 support line, providing general information, counselling and legal advice
- a wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies.
At Suffolk County Council, we recognise that our people are our greatest resource and it is our mission to make a positive difference for Suffolk.
Above all, we are seeking a great team member with the right values and behaviours, to ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Achieve – be the best we can be
- Support – work as one team
- Pride – take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire – model the ASPIRE values
- Respect – give and earn respect
- Empower – empower, encourage and motivate people.
A relevant social work qualification and HCPC registration is essential, along with continued professional development.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion, please contact Chonde Nkowani on 07717 302170 or email: email@example.com
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity