- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £8.90 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Various hours available
- Closing date:
- 01 July 2018 11:30 PM
We are an in-house care agency who work on behalf of Suffolk County Council. Home First assist people to regain and maintain their independence, allowing them to remain living independently in their own homes for longer.
You will be supporting people in their own homes; either enabling them to regain their independence on a short-term basis or assisting people who require longer-term care.
We offer you:
- guaranteed hours at either full or part time
- excellent rates of pay including enhanced rates for bank holiday
- free induction training
- free uniform and DBS (CRB) check
- free training including, Care Certificate and Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification
- paid mileage (45p) and paid travel time
- refer a friend bonus (Ts and Cs apply)
- mobile phone
- wide range of benefits including; local authority pension, childcare vouchers, high street discounts and car lease scheme (Ts and Cs apply).
There are guaranteed hours of up to 32 hpw, plus the possibility to work additional hours. For part time hours, your availability for work needs to cover a minimum of three shifts on your scheduled days of work. Shifts are:
- 7am - 11am
- 11am - 3pm
- 3pm - 7pm
- 7pm - 11pm.
A variety of working patterns are available, to be negotiated / agreed:
- 6, 8 or 9-day fortnight
- evening and / or weekend working only.
You will need to travel frequently in rural areas, so you must hold a full valid driving licence and have access to personal transport.
For a conversation about the positions we have available, please call your part of Suffolk:
- North (Lowestoft) - Yvonne Blowers on (01502) 448709
- East (Coastal) - Susan Hughes on (01728) 652314
- Central (Mid) - Jo Huckle on (01449) 742848
- Ipswich / South - Shelley Rout on (01473) 263273
- West - Rosemary Stebbing on (01284) 758561.
Please read the Job and Person Profile for this post before applying.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.