- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £8.45 ph
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Up to 32 per week
- Closing date:
- 31 October 2017 01:00 PM
Vacancies across Suffolk covering rural areas around Halesworth, Beccles, Bungay, Lowestoft, Southwold, Eye, Wyverstone, Metfield, Felixstowe, Debenham, Saxmundham, Framlingham, Stowmarket, Woodbridge, Hadleigh, Bury St Edmunds, Brandon, Lakenheath, Mildenhall, Newmarket and Haverhill.
Are you looking for a new or more rewarding career with huge job satisfaction?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of people in need of support?
If so, then this is a great opportunity for you.
Our Home First Team are looking for staff across Suffolk to support people who need care when they have been discharged from hospital but have not had care services before.
Your role will be to:
- assist and support people whilst enabling them to maximise their potential to live as independently as possibly within the community within a specific locality in Suffolk
- provide longer term care to our customers in line with their agreed care plan, which would be in this case, across Mid Suffolk and Coastal Suffolk regions only.
Want to know more about what it's like to work in Home First? If so, watch our video
This is a great step into a long lasting career, with progression opportunities.
No experience in this area is required, as full training is provided.
We can offer you:
- flexibility on the rota pattern worked and the geographical area covered, with weekend only or evenings only contracts available
- paid mileage for travel time
- guaranteed hours
- regular support from team leaders and qualified occupational therapists
- opportunities and support for progression throughout the social care career pathway.
You will be required to travel frequently in rural areas, so you must hold a valid driving licence and have access to personal transport.
For an informal discussion about these vacancies, please contact either:
- Susan Hughes on (01728) 652314 for vacancies in the Coastal Suffolk areas (including Felixstowe and Saxmundham)
- Jo Huckle on (01449) 742848 for vacancies in the Mid Suffolk and Stowmarket area
- Rosemary Stebbing Panter on (01284) 758561 for vacancies in West Suffolk
- Yvonne Blowers on (01502) 448709 for vacancies in Lowestoft
- Shelley Rout on (01473) 263273 for vacancies in Hadleigh/ ipswich.
Please be aware that the address provided on your application form will be used to assign your application to the relevant area. Applications may be considered before the closing date.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
Closing date: 1pm, 31 October 2017.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.#HomeFirst