- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- See Advert Details
- Salary details:
- £9.55 ph
- Job term:
- Full or Part Time
- Various hours available
- Closing date:
- 14 October 2019 01:00 PM
Up to 32 hpw guaranteed, plus the possibility to work additional hours.
Positions available countywide across Suffolk.
Home First, Adult and Community Services.
We are an in-house care and reablement service in which you will assist people to regain and maintain their independence, allowing them to remain living in their own homes for longer.
We offer you:
- guaranteed hours at either full or part time (see 'Home First - Working Contract Patterns' document)
- excellent rates of pay including enhanced rates for bank holidays
- free induction training
- a free uniform and DBS (CRB) check
- free training including Care Certificate and Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification
- paid mileage (45p) and paid travel time
- refer a friend bonus (T&Cs apply)
- a mobile phone
- a wide range of benefits including; local authority pension, childcare vouchers, high street discounts and car lease scheme (T&Cs apply).
For part time hours, your availability for work needs to cover a minimum of three shifts on your scheduled days of work. Shifts are:
- 7am - 11am
- 11am - 3pm
- 3pm - 7pm
- 7pm - 11pm.
A variety of working patterns are available, to be negotiated / agreed:
- 6, 8 or 9-day fortnight
- evening and / or weekend working only.
For more information, please see the 'Home First - Working Contract Patterns' document which can be downloaded from the related information section.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For a conversation about the positions we have available, please call the contact from your part of Suffolk:
- North (Lowestoft) - Yvonne Blowers on (01502) 448709
- East (Coastal) and Central (Mid) - Jo Huckle on (01449) 742844
- Ipswich / South - Leon Spooner on (01449) 742848
- West - Rosemary Stebbing on (01284) 758561.
Please read the Job and Person Profile for this post before applying.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.