- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- 108 Queens Road, Felixstowe
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 15 October 2019 01:00 PM
Post 1: Maternity / paternity cover.
Post 2: Permanent.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Family Support Practitioners to join a progressive and hardworking team.
We work closely with our partners, keeping the safety, wellbeing and development of the child or young person at the centre of our work. You will be able to show your experience and willingness to develop your practice in this regard.
- work directly with children, young people and families using the Suffolk Signs of Safety framework
- be solution focussed in your practice, helping families to identify their own strengths and their ability to move forward
- be able to assess risk and take appropriate action
- be a key contact for the family, liaising with professionals to provide a joined-up approach
- support statutory processes, working alongside Social Workers and health colleagues
- manage a caseload, prioritise need and respond to emergencies
- have direct experience of working with children / young people and families.
For an informal discussion please contact Ruth Murchie or Lorna Lyle (01394) 605060.
Please state on your application form which position you are applying for.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.