- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 02 February 2020 11:30 PM
Vacancies available in Ipswich, Stowmarket, Beccles and Bury St Edmunds.
We work with all our young people to make sure we are supporting them to achieve the best possible outcomes in all aspects of their lives including their education, health and to have fun and build positive and appropriate relationships.
As part of the management team in children’s homes, you will be at the forefront of managing change, leading high-quality and effective ways of working and supervising staff to achieve the best possible outcomes for children, young people and their families in Suffolk.
This is an exciting and challenging role within our children’s homes. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals with the ability to drive through changes to improve outcomes for children. You will be keen to take forward key priorities for the home as part of the management team working closely with staff as a role model.
You will need:
- a Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce or an equivalent qualification or knowledge and experience
- knowledge and understanding of the role of a Youth Support Practitioner
- at least 2 years relevant experience of working in a residential setting for children
- experience of being a role model when working with children or young adults
- the ability to work as part of the management team as well as staff team
- good communication skills and a strong team ethos
- a commitment to training and development.
Suffolk County Council are looking for people like you to help develop and grow our children and young people of Suffolk.
Our residential homes are open 365 days per year, therefore, you will be required to work as part of a rota which consists of nights, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
* includes 15% (£3,794 pa pro rata for part time) unsocial hours payment. Please note that in addition to your salary, you will also receive payment at minimum wage for any sleep in duties performed as part of your rota.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role, you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion, please contact:
- Chris Holland, Homes Manager - Ipswich on 07895 329661
- Tony Gill, Homes Manager - Stowmarket on 07547 981661,
- Joe Cox, Homes Manager - Beccles on 07717 302414 and
- Michele Green, Homes Manager - Bury St Edmunds on 07568 130486.
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job. Please state on your application which location you are applying for (Ipswich, Stowmarket, Beccles or Bury St Edmunds).
Interview date: 14 February 2020.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.