- Orwell Housing Association Ltd
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 20 January 2021 12:00 PM
- £8.91 - £9.21 ph (£17,606 - £18,199 pro rata)
- Up to 38 hpw, including alternate weekends.
- Based at Deben View, Woodbridge
- Job Ref: DV037
We are looking for someone who understands it is the little things that can make the biggest difference – making a difference together is at the heart of what we do.
Our Care Assistants support our customers with all aspects of their day-to-day living, including personal care.
As a Care Assistant you will enable our customers to maintain their dignity and independence and lead fulfilling lives. You will be warm and friendly and have a natural caring nature, great sense of humour and a positive energy that brings a smile to people’s faces.
- Do you want to feel that you are doing more than just a job?
- Are you someone who has cared for a loved one or friend and feel that you have more to give?
- Do you love being on the go, love a bit of variety and would like to help people who have changing needs to remain as independent as possible in their own homes?
All our customers ask of you is that you have the time to listen, you respect them, and you are understanding and patient.
This is not only a chance to make a difference to other people’s lives, but also your own. We offer a real family feel here at Orwell and caring about each other is what really matter.
- have a positive energy that brings smiles to people’s faces
- be a great listener with a caring and supportive attitude
- want to make a difference every day
- focus on the individual and not the routine.
If supporting and caring is for you, making a difference for others is what we do.
We are a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer and a Silver Standard Investors in People accredited organisation. We aim to provide a supportive working environment alongside a non-judgemental and open culture, that promotes workplace wellbeing.
As part of our benefits package you can enjoy:
- 22 - 26 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- ongoing training and development
- pay award pending in 2021.
Full PPE will be provided including certified face masks which are always required to be worn in line with current Public Health England guidelines.
Interview date: 27 January 2021.
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment. Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.