- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £32,029 - £34,585
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 26 February 2020 11:30 PM
Independence and Wellbeing Service (IWS), West Locality, Adult and Community Services (ACS).
Flexible working options available to support you, your work-life balance and career.
Working within IWS will see you sit at the sharp end of service delivery and focus on working with people to maintain their independence by drawing on their strengths, personal networks and local community assets.
The team help keep people safe and by intervening early, help reduce, prevent and delay demand for services. The team works in an agile way, responding flexibly to competing needs and constantly prioritising workloads; working closely with our social care contact centre, providing specialist advice and guidance at the earliest stages of the customer journey and supporting the team to promote opportunities for independence.
The IWS maintains a good balance of both qualified and unqualified staff, providing opportunities to develop in a range of different specialisms.
We recognise that our staff are our greatest resource and with you in our team, we can achieve our authority’s priorities of enabling everyone to live long, healthy and fulfilling lives, while safeguarding the most vulnerable people in Suffolk.
A relevant Social Work qualification and HCPC registration is essential, along with continued professional development.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
- a supportive team environment
- the best possible support and development to grow your career
- regular professional supervision and appraisals
- a conditional relocation package of up to £8k, to support a relocation to Suffolk.
The benefits include:
- flexible working arrangements available
- access to exclusive internal opportunities, not available externally or via agencies
- relocation scheme for qualifying new employees
- free parking for you as a peripatetic worker
- free DBS check
- public transport discounts and season ticket loan scheme
- tax free bikes through our Cycle2Work scheme
- a contributory pension scheme
- free 24/7 support line, providing general information, counselling and legal advice
- a wide range of staff support networks and representative bodies.
Above all, we are seeking a great team member with the right values and behaviours, to ensure our workplace values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Achieve – be the best we can be
- Support – work as one team
- Pride – take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire – model the ASPIRE values
- Respect – give and earn respect
- Empower – empower, encourage and motivate people.
For more information about ACS, please view: Socialworksuffolk.com
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Susan Harriott on 07717 302400.
Please read the Job and Person Profile for more information before applying.
Apply by answering 3 competency questions and submitting a short online application.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.