- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- * £26,999 pro rata
- Job term:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Closing date:
- 16 June 2020 11:30 PM
* rising to £29,636 pro rata upon successful completion of ASYE and a £500 Welcome Payment. Please see the ASYE Handbook.
* whilst working as a Newly Qualified Social Worker within Children and Young Peoples Services you will also receive a retention payment of £1500 plus an extra 3 days annual leave.
Positions available countywide across Suffolk.
Here in Suffolk, our social worker team in Children and Young People’s Service is ‘Outstanding’.
If you are looking to grow professionally and further your career in social work, we can offer supportive and pioneering practice where you can make a real difference while enjoying the benefits of living in Suffolk.
Our workforce has remained stable for the past 3 years, however, we are always looking for practitioners wanting to come and practice confidently as part of our team making a difference for families and children.
We are proud to have created an environment where social workers can achieve the outcomes they came into the profession to do.
Here in Suffolk we:
- are one of the leading social work authorities in the UK, whose children’s services are rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, "Services for children are of an exceptionally high standard. They are child-focused and make a positive difference to children's lives." (Ofsted, 2019)
- have a well embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help. ‘Signs of Safety’ enables us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with all the families, colleagues and organisations we are working with
- support flexible working including job share, part time and mobile working
- support career pathways for social workers wishing to progress and develop in front line practice as well as specific interests
- will invest in you in return for your investment in our families and children.
A relevant social work qualification and Social Work England registration is essential.
As a Newly Qualified Social worker here at Suffolk we offer the opportunity to commence employment as a Family Support Practitioner prior to registration, subject to the relevant checks.
All new social workers moving to Suffolk have access to a relocation package of up to £8,000 and a car leasing scheme. We offer an excellent annual leave package of up to 36 days (including bank holidays), subject to length of service. We also offer a welcome loan of £2,000.
If you would like to become part of a dynamic and passionate workforce, we welcome your application.
For an informal discussion, please either email: email@example.com or call Jacquie Gould, Social Care Service Manager on 07717 302476.
Please read the Job and Person Profile, Application Advice and progression scheme before applying for this job, by uploading a CV and completing a short online application form.
Interview date: w/c 6 July 2020
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.