- Suffolk County Council
- Place of work:
- Endeavour House, Ipswich
- Salary details:
- £29,636 - £32,878 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 21 per week
- Closing date:
- 27 August 2019 01:00 PM
Our Fostering and Adoption Service has been rated as “Outstanding” by Ofsted.
The team provides a countywide service to support and guide all families affected by Adoption and Special Guardianship Orders in Suffolk as well as supporting permanent foster carers and link carers for children in care.
- undertake adoption support and Special Guardianship (SGO) assessments and developing support plans to meet the needs
- have an ongoing casework with adopted and SGO children and their adoptive families
- directly work with children
- work jointly with social workers in childcare teams, where appropriate
- provide advice to colleagues about the development of adoption and sgo support plans
- counsel adults affected by adoption
- develop support services, i.e. groups for adults and children affected by adoption and sgo
- demonstrate innovative practice to match our ambition to positively affect outcomes for all vulnerable children
- be skilled in planning and with an ability to meet the challenges
- promote stability for children.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only please contact Cathy Biedul on (01473) 265816
Please read the Job and Person Profile before applying for this job.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity