- Business Support Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £17,940 per annum pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 05 August 2020 11:30 PM
Love being busy, working in a fast-paced operational team?
This role involves working across the Business Support Team to provide a Directorate support service to the Councils Planning, Building Control, Regulatory, Customer Services and Post and scanning functions.
You will be friendly, polite and professional. Every day will bring a variety of work so you will need the ability to multi-task, with an excellent telephone manner and enjoy problem solving. This role will never be dull and there will always be plenty to do!
What you could be part of…
Our Business Support team provide a technical and administrative service to the Council, dealing with Planning applications, Building Notices, Food safety and Licensing enquiries from customers. Ensuring that our systems are maintained to the highest standard to enable the Councils to meet their statutory obligations to protect, enhance and keep our communities safe and vibrant.
Working here would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Manage incoming communication, including telephone and correspondence, prioritising, distributing and initiating actions for response
- Provide administrative support to the services of the directorate(s).
- Check and verify customer requests, updating and maintaining computer systems as necessary.
- Raise sales ledger invoices and purchase orders and undertake reconciliation and goods receipting as required.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and improving existing office systems, processes and procedures to meet the overall directorate objectives and service area requirements.
- Process, sort and deliver incoming and outgoing post, including confidential mail.
- Provide document scanning and indexing services.
You must have…
- NVQ Level 2 or above in business and administration or equivalent experience
- Proven adaptability and willingness to multi-task, manage workloads and prioritise effectively across service areas
- Proficient in the use of IT packages including using scanning equipment and document management systems
- Professional and confident telephone manner
- Evidence of the ability to demonstrate tact, discretion and confidentiality
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Kim Woodhouse on 01508 533846 or Haidee Green 01603 430433 to answer these for you.
Interview date: 13 August 2020.