- South Norfolk Council
- Place of work:
- Ketteringham Depot, Ketteringham
- Salary details:
- £17,243 - £18,431 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 - alternate weekly shift pattern 8am-4pm, 10am-6pm
- Closing date:
- 25 March 2019 01:00 PM
Location: Ketteringham (near Hethersett) / Long Stratton and working throughout the District.
Other key information: Will include working every other Saturday. A uniform and a vehicle will be provided.
Do you enjoy working outside, lots of walking, and engaging with the public?
Do you enjoy being part of busy team, and dealing with the public? Want to help promote parking in a positive way?
Then read on...
What you could be part of:
Working at South Norfolk Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you will be doing:
- Patrolling and enforcing the parking regulations for on and off street in South Norfolk, and as part of the Norfolk Parking Partnership
- Issuing and recording Penalty Charge Notices, in accordance with the appropriate legislation
- Dealing with the public, maintaining a high level of customer care, and presenting a positive image of the Council and the Norfolk Parking Partnership
- Checking ticket machines are in good working order
- Ensuring the car parks are clean and safe for our customers and visitors to use.
You must have:
- experience of working with the public in a frontline position
- good communication skills
- an ability to work without close supervision
- good IT skills
- have a full driving licence
- be prepared to obtain City & Guilds Level 2 certificate for Civil Enforcement Officers within your probation period.
What’s in it for you:
Our package includes employer pension contributions of 15%, performance related pay up to 4%, 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees), flexi time, compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need. As Platinum Investors in People you will have regular reviews with your line manager and a personal development plan. We also support towards volunteering days in the community and encourage staff to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Deborah Davies on (01508) 533899 to answer these for you.
Interview date: 1 April 2019.