- HR and OD
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton
- Salary details:
- Circa £16,777 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 06 December 2020 11:30 PM
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract for 24 months
Other key information: You will undertake a Learning & Development Level 3 qualification as part of your apprenticeship.
Do you enjoy supporting and helping people to develop their skills, knowledge and experience? Are you eager to learn the practices behind learning and development and the benefits this brings to the whole business? Then this could be the start of your career in Local Government.
As a Learning and Development Apprentice, you will support the Organisational Development (OD) Team in the delivery of the OD Strategy to help enable a positive and effective learning and development environment across two Councils.
What you could be part of…
You will be part of a team that is central to driving change and delivering continuous improvement programmes in the Councils.
Working at South Norfolk Council/Broadland District Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital as our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Assisting the Organisational Development Team to coordinate the design, implementation, delivery and evaluation of all learning and development events.
- Managing all training requests and course bookings.
- Supporting training providers to deliver successful training and development events.
- Coordinating the delivery of the council’s induction programme.
- Publicising events and preparing training materials.
- Ensuring you are a role model for our One Team values, competencies and behaviours
- Maintaining accurate records
You must have…
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy,
- The ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines,
- A customer focused and can-do approach,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of a range of computer packages e.g Microsoft Word, Excel etc,
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge,
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Jo Stiff on 01508 500655 to answers these for you.
Please apply online for this role via our website.