- Growth Delivery Team
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- Circa £35,485 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 per week
- Closing date:
- 13 April 2021 11:30 PM
Do you want to be at the forefront of supporting the delivery of some exciting Green Infrastructure projects across South Norfolk and Broadland?
Role Snapshot… Are you enthusiastic about the delivery of Green Infrastructure? Do you want to be part of an enthusiastic team focused on delivering projects which make a difference to the places we live in.
What you could be part of…
In this role you will be part of the Growth Delivery team which delivers a range of projects and manages the Councils’ assets for the benefit of the communities we serve.
Working within this team you will manage the delivery of an ambitious green infrastructure programme across Broadland and South Norfolk, actively seeking investment and funding to ensure that green infrastructure is delivered and contributes to the creation of ‘place’ and the health and wellbeing of our residents.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage the delivery of green infrastructure across the area working with a wide range of partners
- Co-ordinate and develop a range of partnerships to seize opportunities and bring in funding to support the delivery of green infrastructure
- Provide technical expertise in relation to the planning and delivery of green infrastructure
- Lead on the commissioning of specialist surveys, and technical pieces of work related to green infrastructure on behalf of the Councils
You must have…
Degree standard education, or a minimum of 3 years’ experience at a senior level in a planning, landscape of asset management environment. A working knowledge of current planning legislation, policy and practice, current environmental and landscape management issues, and an understanding of how Green Infrastructure contributes to creating a place. Experience of developing projects and working collaboratively with external companies.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Tig Armstrong on 07790 563554 to answer these for you.