- Waste Services
- Place of work:
- Ketteringham Depot, Ketteringham
- Salary details:
- £12,070 - £17,321 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 average hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 29 September 2020 11:30 PM
Contract Type: Fixed contract for two years
Can you cut it….trim and mow it?
Are you interested in gaining a valuable qualification in grounds maintenance? Are you a team player? Are you committed to health and safety? Can you give a great service to our customers? If the answer is yes, read on
What you could be part of…
Working at the Council, you will be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver a high-quality service focussed on the needs of our customers. We need strong teams to achieve this and our success is a reflection of our people - so being a great organisation depends on us having great people.
What you’ll be doing…
You will help provide an efficient and reliable grounds maintenance service across the district. You will be working as part of a highly visible, public facing team to help maintain the Council’s amenity areas and carry out private contracts to a high standard in accordance with a set specification. This will involve cutting grass to the required standard, maintaining borders, hedges, pruning of shrubs and cultivating flower beds. It will also involve Herbicide application.
This role incorporates study and completion of the level 2 apprenticeship standard in Horticulture whilst working specifically at the Ketteringham Depot. This is a two year fixed term contract, with 20% of your time being off the job training.
You must have/be….
- a genuine interest in grounds maintenance
- motivation and commitment to complete the Apprenticeship Programme
- good time management skills to include good attendance and punctuality
- able to carry out all aspects of the role and to work outside in all weather conditions
- a current driving licence
- 4 GCSEs Grade 3-1 (D-G) or above, to include English and Maths at 3 (D)
- an understanding of the importance of health and safety
- the ability to create a good impression on our customers
- the ability to work as part of a team and to work flexibly
- able to work early, late or at weekends as required.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Paul Adams on 01508 533844 to answer these for you.
Interview Date: Week commencing 05 October 2020