- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £22,571 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 31 August 2021 11:30 PM
Contract Type: Fixed term for 12 months
No day the same, making positive change
Two Council’s One Team
South Norfolk and Broadland Councils are in a partnership with staff working together for both Council’s. This is an exciting time to join our organisation as you will help us build our one team ethos.
Do you like working directly with people and being part of busy team?
Do you like dealing with interesting situations and coming up with fulfilling outcomes which have a truly positive impact on people lives?...
Then read on...
What you could be part of…
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of our excellent Housing and Benefits service who, working within the Early Help team, have a great track record of helping customers and partners to prevent homelessness.
Working here would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Work with the Housing and Benefits Team to ensure that it makes best use of its accommodation.
- Sign up customers for new tenancies in temporary accommodation.
- Provide 1 to 1 advice, guidance and person-centred support to allow customers to navigate the housing and benefits system.
- Assess customers, identify support, training and health needs and to agree goals with customers with the aim to move on to suitable housing.
- Support customers on a range of issues, such as debt advice, budgeting and managing their tenancy.
- Work alongside customers to ensure that tenancies are conducted appropriately in temporary accommodation.
- Complete housing management tasks to ensure that accommodation offered is suitable for customer needs.
You must have…
5 GCSEs A-C grade or equivalent, or able to demonstrate ability at this level, as well as a full driving licence. You must also be a highly organised and resourceful individual, with experience of working in the housing, or support sector or other customer outcome focused environment. You should also have experience of the benefits system and be skilled in partnership working.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes employer pension contributions of 15%, 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees), flexi time, compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need.
You will have regular reviews with your line manager and develop a personal development plan, and opportunities to undertake training.
We also support towards volunteering days in the community and encourage staff to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Sharon Duffield on 01508 533893 to answer these for you.
Please apply online for this role via our website.
Closing date: 31st August 2021 (or until sufficient applications have been received).
Interview date: 6th September 2021.
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.