- HR and OD
- Place of work:
- South Norfolk House, Long Stratton; Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £26,493 - £31,119
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 01 December 2020 11:30 PM
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract for 18 months
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a proactive, customer focussed HR and Payroll Team
Role Snapshot… We are looking for an effective and efficient Assistant Business Partner Payroll and Data to assist with all aspects of payroll and pensions administration. This will include liaising with employees, HMRC, pensions providers and other relevant parties as required.
What you could be part of…
This is a really exciting time to be joining us on our journey, we have recently created one workforce to serve both Broadland and South Norfolk Council with the HR Team being instrumental in ensuring this is a success.
Our busy Payroll Team deals with a range of queries from employees and managers and delivers a high quality and professional service. Putting customer service first we aim to exceed expectations and provide a quality service using technology as much as possible to aid performance.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Produce timely and accurate payroll and management information as required to the HR team and managers
- Ensure all payroll and staffing records are accurately maintained and updated in line with policy/legislation
- Process and deliver all monthly payroll activities accurately and on time including investigating and resolving complex pension calculations
- Ensure compliance with HMRC and other statutory bodies for HR and payroll reporting
- Ensure that all processes relating to ‘end of year’ for payroll are completed within statutory timeframes
- Provide advice to staff and managers in relation to all payroll and pension queries
You must have…
- Relevant qualification and/or equivalent level of experiential learning or demonstration of transferrable skills
- Experience of using an HR/Payroll system, ideally iTrent and/or Oracle would be highly desirable
- Experience of maintaining accurate information/records
- Experience of developing relationships with a range of stakeholders internally
- Evidence of providing an efficient payroll service and giving advice to managers and staff
- Thorough knowledge of payroll procedures, HMRC and statutory responsibilities of the payroll function
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Cerys Waterton on 01508 533976 to answer these for you.
Interview date: 10 December 2020