- Place of work:
- Wymondham Leisure Centre, Wymondham
- Salary details:
- £13.46 - £15.81 per hour
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 29 March 2020 11:30 PM
Hours: 1.5 hours per week, Thursdays 16:00-17:30
Other key information: Opportunities for additional private lessons and cover.
Are you looking to dive into a new opportunity?
Role Snapshot… Looking to be a part of a brilliant swim teacher team, teaching and developing skills to a wide range of people? Then look no further as here at Wymondham Leisure Centre we are offering just that! Joining our swim school team, with over 1500 members and counting, will give you that chance to deliver fun and effective lessons.
What you could be part of…
Wymondham Leisure Centre had over £4.5 million invested in 2016 ensuring our facilities are some of the best in the area. Our classes are in great demand as we strive to teach to a high standard and enable our pupils to become highly skilled and confident swimmers. We provide safe and consistent Swimming Lessons for all ages and abilities, taught by highly trained, inspirational and enthusiastic teachers.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Organising, planning and evaluating a structured swim programme using the Swim England Learn to Swim programme
- Ensuring lessons are fun as well as progressive and encouraging future progression from swimming lessons
- Delivering a high quality customer service through welcoming all users of the facilities ensuring you promote a positive image of both the centre and the Council as whole
- As well as teaching our 'Learn to Swim' programme, we are especially interested to hear from candidates who are experienced in delivering Adult and Child, individual or 2:1 lessons.
You must have…
- ASA/Swim England or STA Level 2 Swimming Teachers qualification
- National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches or National Pool Lifeguard qualification
- Experience planning and delivering swimming sessions to groups of mixed abilities
- Motivation and the ability to enthuse others to develop their swimming skills
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes employer pension contributions of 15%, performance related pay up to 4%, 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees), compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need. As a Platinum Investors in People you will have regular reviews with your line manager and a personal development plan, with on-going professional training and development.
This post is subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
You may still have questions and can contact either Paul Anderson (Duty Manager) on 01953 607171/ firstname.lastname@example.org or Danielle Steward (Team Leader) on 01953 email@example.com