- South Norfolk Council
- Place of work:
- Wymondham Leisure Centre, Wymondham
- Salary details:
- £13.72 - £15.50 per hour
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Closing date:
- 01 August 2019 11:30 PM
Are you looking to dive into a new opportunity?
Do you enjoy teaching children an important life skill? Could you then take this to the next level by turning this life skill into passion by teaching children from their first strokes up to competitive level? Then read on…
What you could be part of:
Wymondham Leisure Centre had over £4.5 million invested in 2016 ensuring our facilities are some of the best in the area. We have an extensive and very popular Learn to Swim programme with lessons running Monday - Saturday throughout the year and we are looking to strengthen the team with experienced and enthusiastic teachers who could step into the role when required covering the regular teachers leave. Working at South Norfolk Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services.
What you will be doing:
- Organise, plan and evaluate a high quality structured swim programme using the Swim England National Plan for Teaching Swimming ensuring the programme demonstrates clear progression
- Ensure lessons are fun as well as progressive and encourage future progression from swimming lessons to the local club as appropriate
- Be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the children attending the swimming lessons
- Be responsible for setting up and clearing away equipment, prior to and after the lessons.
You must have:
- Level 2 Swim England certificate swim teacher qualification
- National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches or National Pool Lifeguard qualification.
What’s in it for you:
The opportunity to work closely with a well-established and knowledgeable team of teachers and to attend regular Swim Teaching related CPDs.
You may still have questions and can contact Paul Anderson on (01953) 607171 to answers these for you.
Interview date: TBC
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.