- Shotley Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 26 April 2021 12:00 PM
- MPR - TLR may be considered (£2873)
- Required from September 2021 or sooner.
The school will also consider applications for the SENDCO role only, for one day a week which if successful could start sooner than 1 September 2021.
Shotley Community Primary School is an established primary school based in Shotley, Ipswich. We are part of a thriving education trust, ASSET Education. Shotley Primary has a school roll of 150 children.
We require an experienced and talented Class Teacher (KS1 or KS2) who has the skills and enthusiasm to be the SENDCo of our small, caring staff team.
We are looking for an excellent teacher to join our teaching team and be part of the continued growth and development of our friendly village school and our Education Trust. You will work collaboratively with colleagues and be supported by excellent external advisors and training as well as internal coaching.
We are looking for a person that will:
- be a highly committed, flexible and adaptable professional
- be a teacher who exemplifies outstanding classroom practice, behaviour management and high expectations who is capable of supporting colleagues to meet the needs of children with SEND at Shotley and Stutton C of E Primary
- be able to reflect on your own practice and be committed to your own continued professional development
- be dedicated to the children at the school to ensure that they all have the provision to achieve their very best
- have excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organisational skills in order to lead and manage the day-to-day provision for children with additional needs in the school and communicate effectively with colleagues, parents/carers and outside agencies.
Experience and successful completion of the SENDCo Award is preferable but not essential. Outstanding candidates without this qualification would be supported in working towards national accreditation within two years. Appropriate release time will be given to carry out your duties.
Shotley Primary offers a caring, friendly and welcoming environment and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. Shotley is just 15 minutes from the A14 - visits are strongly recommended (subject to COVID guidelines) and can be arranged using the contact details below.
Shotley Primary became part of ASSET Education in September 2018. Please contact the school for an informal discussion with the Headteacher - Richard Dedicoat.
Please see the related information section for an application form and job description.
Interview date: 29 April, 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts.